Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day Thirty-one

When I turned the news on this morning & saw that today is day thirty-one of the Casey Anthony trial, I was shocked!  I know I have been watching (a little too much) but I cannot believe how fast a month has gone by.  I honestly did not know how long the trial would last and it's still nowhere near over.  The defense has not rested their case and there is much more to be done once they do.  

I think the defense is getting desperate because now they are pulling all sorts of "stunts."  Saturday court adjourned very early and the public was not told why.  Apparently the defense stated Casey Anthony was not mentally competent to stand trial.  Monday morning the judge addressed the claim first thing & explained that THREE different doctors examined Casey Anthony the previous Saturday and she was more than competent to stand trial.  The next thing the defense did was ask for a mistrial.  That obviously didn't go over well with the judge and he did not grant them a mistrial.  Then they asked for a new jury that was non death-qualified.  It's very sad to me but I think the defense is realizing that they are in t-r-o-u-b-l-e.  

Let's see how much longer this thing lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment